From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of S. Jewell
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 11:42 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Vit C therapy Sally Snyder Jewell

Merlin,

Indeed in the interest of "self-disclosure," in all of my posts anyone
could have seen from my sign-off at any time that I work with Tower
Laboratories, a nutriceutical manufacturer whose Pauling therapy vitamin
C/lysine protocol has been saving lives from heart disease for the past
14 years.  I have made no attempt to hide that fact, though perhaps
doing so might have made me seem more like one of you and less like I
was trying to "sell" you something.
However, despite what I do to support my family and my rescue, I am
certainly not paid to spend time posting here about the successes I have
seen with intravenous ascorbate in my cat rescue and answering e-mail
questions gratis after my 12-hour work days in an effort to help others
save animals.  My company does not even sell vitamin C for animals and I
have never once offered to sell anything to anyone here, so to accuse me
of "selling snake oil and preying on people's love of their pets"
borders on libel.
There is no "ulterior sales motive" here - I am simply trying to help.
I am also, as you accurately point out, a published contributing author,
and if memory serves, this is the first time I have ever been publicly
chastised for sharing information in the interest of helping animals.
Perhaps it is really true that people do not value the things they get
for free.

I first posted my experience with vitamin C here because I love animals
and people and want to see these cats have a chance of survival and yes,
help their owners to have "hope"
where there would otherwise seem none.  It would have been self-serving
not to, or to disseminate the information for profit, as many might
have.  After all, there aren't many options for saving these cats and it
seemed to me that some might actually appreciate and find my experience
useful.  I truly did not expect such a firestorm of skepticism and
negativity and I am beginning to regret my initial decision to share at
all, though thankfully there have been some to embrace and implement
what I have shared, and for them and hopefully many others to follow in
our footsteps, it was worth it.

The fact that I work in this field affords me knowledge that others may
not have - others who are still looking for some of the answers that I
have been fortunate enough to discover.  I have shared in honesty and
with a caring heart and now the information is out there for those who
would like to try vitamin C in all forms for their animals.  I have not
made claims that it will work positively to cure FeLV cats in all cases
but have very specifically stated that I don't know what the response
would be for cats that are well into the disease process with bone
marrow involvement, though I sure intend to find out once we recover
from the financial burden of the last three sick cats and their
treatments.  With the alternative being certain death, my question is,
"What compassionate, thinking pet owner would deny an animal a chance at
life because he or she "did not believe" that something would work?"  My
vet has now done three clinical trials with three successful outcomes.
Had I been skeptical and waited for published clinical trials, all three
cats would now be dead.

I lost a kitten in November to FIP because we did not use the correct IV
ascorbate protocol and because he was perhaps too far into the disease
process to be brought back.  Do I wish that I had never discovered or
used the vitamin C protocol because my heart was crushed over the loss
of him?
Of course not, for because of what I learned with him we were successful
in saving his sister.  Every day she is a living reminder that his death
was not in vain, and I will never stop trying to save the ones I can
with this protocol because I know it works and it's really all I have.
It seemed logical to me that others would appreciate the opportunity to
hear of and try this for the animals they love as well, regardless of
where or who it came from.
Waiting for conventional medicine to understand or embrace this science
is costing animals (and humans) their lives but nothing says that their
owners and caregivers cannot.

We are not talking about an "ordinary" vitamin as most have come to
consider vitamin C.  The majority of the world's population has no clue
about how far-reaching and powerful ascorbic acid truly is for
destroying viral and bacterial infections and also reversing heart
disease, and how very critical this substance is to human and animal
life.  While it is tremendously helpful with the common cold virus, this
is quite honestly the least of the diseases it can cure.
However, the low U.S. RDA for vitamin C is killing human beings one by
one, and because our "domesticated" cats and dogs make too little
vitamin C and get little to none in their food, it is also killing them.
We owe it to them to become educated about this and take action.

Clinical trials cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and though NIH
funding continues on a broad scale for other less serious diseases and
conditions, the NIH has twice been petitioned for and twice denied a
grant for funding for such clinical trials of the Pauling therapy for
heart disease, the leading cause of death in this country.  It's really
not hard for the thinking person to do the math and figure out why.  The
research is indeed being "quashed" and the biggest business to benefit
is the pharmaceutical industry.

The science behind the power of vitamin C for reversing disease in
humans and animals is sound and predates World War II.  Other veterinary
clinics are using intravenous vitamin C with the same types of success
that we have seen, and owners are taking their pets to them for
treatment from across the U.S.  With a little effort these clinics can
be located and contacted for additional information or treatment.

In closing, to those of you who might - by some miracle after the
negative light cast upon it - still be considering the use of vitamin C
therapy for your companion dogs and cats or rescues, the most important
thing I can tell you is to be broad-minded about what this acid can do
for animals (and humans) in its various forms and what diseases it can
treat, some of which are outlined in Dr. Belfield's paper at
http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/197x/belfield-w-j_int
_assn_prev_med-1978-v2-n3-p10.htm.  Don't be afraid to try because you
have never heard about it, because there have been no "clinical trials,"
or because you're afraid to get your hopes up only to have your heart
broken if it doesn't work.  Your heart will be broken anyway, time and
again, as more cherished animals succumb to the ravages of these
diseases while you stand helplessly watching.   The choice
would seem a simple one, regardless of one person's opinion otherwise.

Sally Snyder Jewell
www.SallysCatHouse.com
(perhaps this signature will better qualify me to post here)