Hi Sally,  Thank you for this information.

Susan

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of S. Jewell
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:20 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Vit C therapy Sally Snyder Jewell

Hi, Susan,

Intravenous ascorbate is vitamin C in the form of sodium ascorbate
administrated intravenously (directly into the animal's veins) at high
doses in veterinary medicine.  It is typically mixed with sodium
chloride and administered over the course of a few hours, depending on
how much vitamin C the cat will be receiving.

I have used it with my FeLV cat Linus for his lymphoma and was able to
put him into remission for going on two years now when the diagnosing
vet had told me he had about 4-6 weeks to live in early 2008.  We
administered it over the course of a year (2x a week for three months),
six months off, then 2x a week for three more months).  We did not
reverse his FeLV with the low dose he was getting (1,000 mg per pound of
body weight).  However, I am going to be trying this therapy more
intensively for the next young FeLV that comes into my care, for I truly
believe that if I can administer the ascorbate in the early stages of
the disease before it has a chance to progress too far the ascorbate
will reverse it.  For information on why and how intravenous vitamin C
kills these viruses, see Dr. Fred Klenner's paper, Clinical Guide to the
Use of Vitamin C, reprinted in its entirety at this link:
http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/198x/smith-lh-clinica
l_guide_1988.htm

The writings of retired veterinarian Dr. Wendell Belfield also cover
many conditions that he used vitamin C for as far back as the 1960s.
Tragically, few vets paid attention to this paper and the profound
evidence of how well this therapy works in vet medicine.  Dr. Belfield's
paper is
here:
http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/197x/belfield-w-j_int
_assn_prev_med-1978-v2-n3-p10.htm

The protocol would be rather intensive for a cat with advanced FeLV but
if the cat is early into the disease I believe that administration of up
to 2,000 mg per pound of body weight for a number of consecutive days
(perhaps 10-11) would kill the virus based on Dr. Klenner's explanation.
I have seen it kill FIP in a young kitten when administered for 11
consecutive days at nearly 2,000 mg per pound.

If you intend to try this for your cat, you should contact me and let me
know so that I can give you more specific directions or give your vet
the name of my vet.  Again, though, I have not yet tried to reverse FeLV
in a cat who has had it for years and am not sure if it is even
possible.
A lot of it would depend if the virus has progressed to the stage that
it is already in the cat's bone marrow.  Still, being the kind of person
I am, I will probably still try that just to satisfy my own interest
and, of course, help others to know whether it works.  Having just lost
three companion animals I have just been so overwhelmed with veterinary
expenses that my funds are too low to consider it right now.  But as
sure as the sun rises in the east, I will.  :)

FYI, I spoke with a nurse in Pennsylvania this week and she said that
there are definitely vets in Pennsylvania who are doing this treatment
on animals.  It is completely safe and nontoxic for the animal.

Regarding the Mega-C Plus, it is an excellent supplement and completely
safe for the cat.  It was formulated by Dr.
Belfield himself.  People are misinformed about vitamin C in general,
hence the reason I am getting such a barrage of backlash over posting
this information.  I believe they are just scared and of course,
skeptical based on their misinformation.

Sally Snyder Jewell, Marketing Director
Tower Laboratories Corporation
www.HeartTech.com
1-877-TOWER-LABS
Practicing Medicine Without a License?  The Story of the Linus Pauling
Therapy for Heart Disease, by Owen Fonorow and Sally Snyder Jewell