Almost all cats I know that do this are anemic. She should get her to the vet and have blood work done specifically looking for anemia and hemobartonella a virus positives are very prone to get, it comes from fleas and even if the test is negative I would start the cat on doxocycline and prednisolone. It is very, very, very hard to find the parasites on a slide, I know of cats that have been tested 5 or 6 times before they actually found the parasite, thankfully their vets put them on the doxy and pred or they may very well have died. Hemobartonella is fatal if not treated.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

http://bemikitties.com