I assume you are only guessing that the kitten is only 6 weeks old since you
just found him out on the street....anyway, there are a lot of false
positives in young kittens.  I assume it was the ELISA test?  I would
recommend having him tested again.  The vet will usually do the IFA test
after the ELISA.  A lot of times young kittens test positive due to exposure
only and they really Aren't really FeLV+.  It could very well be a false
positive result.

I have several cats with neurological disorders.  I do rescue and keep the
ones that most people do not want.  I consider that decision their loss and
my gain as ALL of my neurological kitties are such sweeties and so deserving
of a good life.  Most of my neurological disorders cats have CH.  (Cereberal
Hypoplasia)

I praise you for stopping to rescue this kitten, taking him to the vet and
wanting the very best for him.

I wish you the very best and thanks again for helping this kitten.

Kim

"...Saving just one pet won't change the world....but surely the world will
change for that one pet..."

The top ten reasons to spay and neuter your dog or cat were killed in a
shelter today.