I'm so sorry, Sara. So very young. Gentlest of Bridge vibes to Taj, and
hopes for a long life to Rani.

Diane R.

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Sara Kasteleyn
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:23 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Please light a candle for Taj

Dear friends,

I had hoped to avoid writing this note for a very, very long time.  Our
blue-eyed bengal boy Taj is napping at the bridge this afternoon.  He
developed breathing trouble over the weekend, and today we discovered that
he had a massive tumor pressing into his lungs.  Heroic measures to extend
his life would have been selfish, and given the underlying FeLV+ diagnosis,
unlikely to have improved his quality of life.  He was a brave boy, hiding
his discomfort from us for so long.   He lived a very short life, only 14
months, but he was loved and pampered in the extreme.

His sister, Rani, shares the FeLV+ diagnosis.  We pray she will be with us
much longer.  My thanks to each of you for your fabulous advice and
willingness to share what you have learned along this difficult and often
sad path.

Sara