From: Sara Kasteleyn <skastel...@cicresearch.com>
Subject: [Felvtalk] Please light a candle for Taj
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 6:23 PM

Dear friends,

I had hoped to avoid writing this note for a very, very long time.  Our
blue-eyed bengal boy Taj is napping at the bridge this afternoon.  He developed
breathing trouble over the weekend, and today we discovered that he had a
massive tumor pressing into his lungs.  Heroic measures to extend his life
would have been selfish, and given the underlying FeLV+ diagnosis, unlikely to
have improved his quality of life.  He was a brave boy, hiding his discomfort
from us for so long.   He lived a very short life, only 14 months, but he was
loved and pampered in the extreme.

His sister, Rani, shares the FeLV+ diagnosis.  We pray she will be with us much
longer.  My thanks to each of you for your fabulous advice and willingness to
share what you have learned along this difficult and often sad path.

Sara