From: Sharyl <cline...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] IMPORTANT CAT VACCINE WARNING
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Monday, July 12, 2010, 1:09 PM

Thanks for the warning.  My house kitties get annual FeLV boosters since I have
an indoor positive kitty.

Just a comment about the treatment given the sick kittens.  Please avoid using
Metacam as a pain med for cats.  A single oral dose of Metacam can cause acute
kidney failure in approx. 30% of cats.  A better choice for a pain med would be
Buprenorphine.  Here is a link to more info on Buprenorphine.
http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/buprenorphine-buprenex/page1.aspx

Please monitor these kittens for signs of acute renal failure.
Sharyl