Paola,

I trapped a FeLV+ cat outside of our house, obviously someone dumped him
because they knew that I rescue cats. He was alone for 2 years because I
couldn't find anyone who had a FeLV+ cat to take him.  Instead, I decided to
look for a FeLV+ cat to give him a companion - had no luck for the longest
time. Finally, found one in NJ (I'm in CT).  It took them only one night to
bond, it was amazing!  They are the best of friends!  Unfortunately, many
people have their own cats euthanized as soon as they're diagnosed....even
when it's their only cat - I will never understand it. I didn't want to mix
them even with the four FIV+ cats.  They are in separate areas of the house.
I do, however, mix FIV+ cats with my own healthy cats, without vaccinating
them.  I have never yet, had a healthy cat contract FIV, as long as there
are no serious fights....I don't take the chance with FeLV+ cats and healthy
cats because I refuse to vaccinate them needlessly, exposing them to the
side effects.  Being a rescue group, I have to make sure that cats are not
exposed needlessly, especially since they may be adopted into a home with
existing healthy cats.

Unfortunately, too many FIV/FeLV cats are killed and never given a chance
for a good life.  It is, however, easier to find a home for FIV cats than
FeLV

Have you tried area veterinarians who may know clients with FeLV positive
cats?.

Natalie