I mix positives and negatives also, and don't have problems. I am watchful about kittens though, but I don't often have kittens.

Gloria

On Jul 13, 2010, at 1:18 AM, Sharyl wrote:

Paola, I mix my positive with my negatives in my home. I have had a total of 8 positives inside with my negatives over the last 3 yrs. All except 1 have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. My negatives are kept current on their FeLV vaccine. Each cat there own food plate but they don't always eat from their own plate. All my negative cats were adults when I started mixing. It is my understanding that kittens are more susceptible than adult cats.

It is an individual decision each of us makes. I choose to mix and make the time my positives had as enjoyable for them as possible.
Sharyl

--- On Tue, 7/13/10, paola cresti <iend...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: paola cresti <iend...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] IMPORTANT CAT VACCINE WARNING
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 12:17 AM
a question, I saw posts from 2 people
having FeLV+ cats in the house with non
affected cats. How do you gys manage that?
I just rescued a stray that turned out to be incredibly
sweet and FeLV+ but I
have 6 others that are indoor/outdoor  so they are all
vaccinated for FeLV but
since it's not 100% I am keeping rescue kitty in the garage
and hoping to find
someone with a closed household willing to take him as a
sole cat or an
additional cat to a household with another FeLV+ cat.
Having no luck so far
(found a possible person with 2 infected cats in NY but I'm
in Los Angeles)

I'm looking into what I must do if I keep him and for this
I also joined this
listserv. Do you have them mingle? I figure food dishes
should definitely be
kept separate. My cats are indoor/outdoor and I caught a
feral last year who was
also FeLV+ so I'm thinking it's been going around and if
they were likely to
catch it they might have already done so?

I know it's not an exact science but this cat's desperate
about being left alone
in a room, I sit with him for a while but when I leave he
cries for a really
long time.

Sorry for the long post.
thanks