We had two cats test positive for FeLV at our shelter yesterday. Today we found
out that the new snap tests (the ones that test for heartworm also) have been
associated with a higher number of false positives. I'm wondering how many of
you have had experience with this, since one of these cats is a five year old
neutered 20-pounder who's never been around other cats and has never been
outside, and so I was a little surprised at the positive result. We would like
to retest them but can't find any tests of the older type. Desperation is
setting in because if we can't find somewhere else for them to go, and we have
only yesterday's results to rely on, both will go down on Tuesday. If any of
you can give me more info, I'd really appreciate it; I can then relay that to
my director and maybe buy them another week. Thanks!!