From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Gloria B. Lane
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 7:30 PM
To: Feline Leukemia
Subject: [Felvtalk] faint pos on snap test, neg on IFA

I've been asked about a cat here in Arkansas - a Persian named
Bicford, that is about 1.5 yrs old, and tested "faint" positive on the
snap test (Elisa), but negative on the IFA.  I gather that means that
Bicford has been exposed, so has antigens, but doesn't have the virus
in his blood?  I'm confused.

Can someone help me with interpreting what that means?

Thanks,

Gloria