From: Gloria B. Lane <gbl...@aristotle.net>
To: Feline Leukemia <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wed, September 1, 2010 6:30:22 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] faint pos on snap test, neg on IFA

I've been asked about a cat here in Arkansas - a Persian named Bicford, that is
about 1.5 yrs old, and tested "faint" positive on the snap test (Elisa), but
negative on the IFA.  I gather that means that Bicford has been exposed, so has
antigens, but doesn't have the virus in his blood?  I'm confused.

Can someone help me with interpreting what that means?

Thanks,

Gloria