Tiger didn't have FeLV, but he passed away last night, much too soon. He was
thirteen. I'd had him for three years.  He was always a gentleman & a loving,
sweet boy. Three weeks ago we went to the vet. Something was wrong; he was
sluggish and not eating well. It turns out he had a large abcess in his throat.
The abcess was lanced, a whole lot of dead tissue was removed, we were sent
home with antibiotics and everyone thought things would be fine. They weren't -
there was a second vet visit last Monday, the abcess was drained again & he was
given more fluids. Tiger was hospitalized this Monday. The abcess wouldn't
clear up, and even though he was given a stronger antibiotic he just couldn't
fight the infection. I visited him yesterday and he ate for me and purred and
purred. I didn't want to get my hopes up too high, but I still wasn't expecting
my vet to call this morning & give me the news that he'd died. I thought maybe
we had a little bit of a
 chance. It turns out that Tiger had a hole in his esophagus; he must have
ingested something that cut him. I would give anything to have him back with me.
I wish I had taken him in sooner. He'd been quiet this summer, and not sleeping
with me at night like he normally did, but everybody was quiet this summer
because the house was so warm. Nobody else was snuggling with me on the bed
either. I didn't pick up on the little signs that he wasn't feeling well. If I
had, he might still be alive today.