From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Rachel
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:45 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Foster cat with FeLV

Hi-

I work with a nonprofit animal rescue based in Cincinnati, Ohio.  Two weeks
ago

we took in an owner-surrender cat who tested positive yesterday for FeLV.
We

had him retested this evening at another facility and that test also came
back

positive.  Unfortunately we do not have any fosters who can accommodate an

FeLV-positive cat out of concern for our own and other foster animals.  I am

trying desperately to find alternate placement for Oscar locally, but am not

having a lot of success.

Oscar is a purebred odd-eyed white Persian cat.  He is about three years old
and

is asymptomatic.  He was purchased from a breeder as a kitten and was kept
as an

indoor-only cat in a household with no other cats.  Does anyone here know of
any

resources or organizations that may be able to take Oscar in?  We are
willing to

transport Oscar (within reason).  He has been neutered and will be fully

vaccinated prior to placement.  I would absolutely hate for this friendly,

gorgeous cat to be euthanized simply because alternate placement cannot be

found.

Thank you,

Rachel Richardson