Hi-

I work with a nonprofit animal rescue based in Cincinnati, Ohio.  Two weeks ago
we took in an owner-surrender cat who tested positive yesterday for FeLV.  We
had him retested this evening at another facility and that test also came back
positive.  Unfortunately we do not have any fosters who can accommodate an
FeLV-positive cat out of concern for our own and other foster animals.  I am
trying desperately to find alternate placement for Oscar locally, but am not
having a lot of success.

Oscar is a purebred odd-eyed white Persian cat.  He is about three years old
and
is asymptomatic.  He was purchased from a breeder as a kitten and was kept as
an
indoor-only cat in a household with no other cats.  Does anyone here know of
any
resources or organizations that may be able to take Oscar in?  We are willing
transport Oscar (within reason).  He has been neutered and will be fully
vaccinated prior to placement.  I would absolutely hate for this friendly,
gorgeous cat to be euthanized simply because alternate placement cannot be
found.

Thank you,

Rachel Richardson