Hello All,
This question is for a foster kitten I know of that tested felv+. Her name is Sally and she is only 6 weeks old. Happily the rescue that Sally is with knows enough to test again and Sally is being fostered in the meantime. I'm wondering this, if Sally has tested pos once, (assuming it was a true pos), then that means she has been exposed to the disease. If she later tests neg, does that mean she would be "immune" to felv in the same way she would had she been vaccinated against it? The reason I ask is Sally has a potential adopter waiting for her based on her next test result. This woman already has an felv+ kitty.

I'm wondering if there have been any studies done indicating a cat previously testing pos, then throwing the virus and testing neg, is less susceptible to contracting felv when exposed to known positive cats.
Nina