Nina, I don't want to give you any false hope.  It is more likely that an adult
cat will throw off the virus than a kitten.  There is always a chance the test
result was an error.

Do you know what became of Sally's littermates.  My experience with kittens is
that all in the litter tested positive at 4 weeks of age and remained positive.
 The Momma cat was also positive.  It's great that you have a home lined up for
Sally if she remains positive.  My four positive babies were adorable and I
loved every day I had with them.
Sharyl