Alice,

This is fantastic news.  I think you are the first person I know to have
reversed a nonregenerative anemia without transfusion.  There are probably
others but I do not know of them.  I would love to recreate your success.
To recap since the anemia (was this hemolytic - sounds like since doxy and
cipro were added - this dampens my enthusiasm a little but that's okay).

1.  Anemia -
              started on Procrit (3x/week)
              (doxy and cipro)
              iron supplement
              Interferon 2x/day (you said he had been on this already?)
              LTCI injections every two weeks (I know he's been on this for
awhile)

2.  This combination caused rebound in HCT  - was there evidence of
regeneration (I mean obviously there was - but what was the reticulocyte
count at that time)

3. Pleural edema or effusion (? lymphoma) added:
         Lasix (diruetic)
         Prednisolone (steroid)
         cut back on procrit  (2x/week)
         LTCI up to once/week   (is there a concern with injections this
frequently - has the manufacturer any warnings on this?)
         Rutin

4. Currently HCT good - is his appetite and behavior normal.  What is his
lymphocyte and platelet count - do you know?

So this has all occured in the span of two months.

The fact that the bone marrow responded to the procrit suggests to me that
at least the bone marrow is capable to responding.  The question is, is it
the addition of LTCI and interferon that is putting the virus at bay enough
for the bone marrow to respond.  Are you going to continue with the LTCI
injections weekly or planning on cutting back?  I am so happy.  I really
hope that his success continues.  If this is reproducible I will be
estatic.  God bless you for your endurance.

Jenny