Kris-just looking back over the past 2 years with the 6 kitties, as a total
amateur on FeLV, here are some of my random thoughts.  Interferon-Good-I am
glad
to be giving it-not a cure, but it may keep the virus somewhat at bay.  LTCI-it
gave me alot of hope, and still does-but for cats like mine who are infected
from a very young age or in utero, I feel it helps them develop a stronger
immune system than they would normally have. They seemed to not get URIs after
we began the LTCI.  My only experience is with the one litter of 5 feral
kitties
and Murphy, a sweetie who ended up in the same colony-either a throw away, or
lost. There are people here that have so much more knowledge and have helped
lots of rescued kitties with FeLV-probably not giving all the stuff, but that's
fine-It's very expensive and I don't think it's really a cure anyway. But they
are giving the cats a chance to live and be cared for, maybe for the first time
ever-they were probably going to be euthanized quickly at the shelters. They
are
giving them a loving touch, maybe a sunny window to snooze in. I could not do
rescue-Bless all those that do. I have tunnel vision when it comes to my
babies.
I look at Murphy and know we are on borrowed time now-he's only 2 1/2 (I didn't
count on my fingers the other day and typed 1 1/2-LOL) but as long as he is
comfortable and happy go lucky, we continue the little battles. He waits in the
kitchen for his meds morning and night-takes less than a minute for the
Interferon and the 3 capsules. He eats like a horse most days. He is Rosie's
only companion now since her 4 brothers passed. She will be running around the
house in the middle of the night, wailing when he passes, looking for him like
she did for her brothers. That makes me really sad, plus he is my little shadow
when I'm not at work.  I guess it's a melancholy Sunday for this old lady-LOL