Never tired of hearing about you and Murphy.  What a spunky little guy...and
what a loving caretaker!  Best of luck with this latest ick.  Purrrayers coming
your way.

------Original Mail------
From: "Alice Flowers" <aliceflow...@sbcglobal.net>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:41:23 -0700 PDT
Subject: [Felvtalk] Another Murphy relapse-now URI

Another Murphy relapse...poor boy is all congested and sneezy with a URI, he
began with light sneezing earlier this week, I gave him a PennG shot Friday
night because he had sneezed so much that he was getting bloody droplets. Now
he's really getting plugged up. I called the vet to see about reducing his
prednisolone dose because steroids suppress the immune system. He's been on
Lasix and Pred for 3 weeks since his diagnosis of Lymphoma. We are cutting him
down to 1/2 from 5mg 2x a day to once a day. I have put some L-Lysine powder
into gel caps because he will not eat it in his food nor eat the very expensive
Lysine treats we tried in the past. Seems the Lysine is supposed to help keep
the herpes virus (viruses in general) from replicating. This flares up every
time his immune system is low and he ends up with upper respiratory problems. I
know he's not feeling well because I've waken up with him snuggled with me on
the bed for the last 2 mornings. He normally doesn't get on the bed, he likes
sleep by the open slider screen door. I am still optimistic because his
breathing is still better, hopefully the fluid is still gone from his chest
area, he was in for his check up a week ago and the vet was impressed with how
clear his lungs sounded. Maybe he picked up a bug from the exam room-he was
wandering on the floor, my fault for letting him move around. He's such a
people
person, he likes all the people at the vet clinic and wants to see what they
are
doing. I hope the Lysine helps soon. They said if he's still congested, we can
try a mild Afrin nasal decongestant. He's not that bad yet, I don't think, just
somewhat depressed. Not eating as much, but still eating the AD and all the
gravy from the fancy feast plus some dry food. I know some may be tired of
hearing about Murphy, but I think it may help to keep hope alive, he keeps
bouncing back since the end of July when he became so anemic that by the first
of August I had to syringe feed him for a few days. He is on Procrit now just
once a week instead of 3x a week. Please, purrayers help!! Alice