Stacy,

I am sorry to hear your outcome.  Since I am currently going through the same
thing I can understand all of your concerns.  It looks like his WBC count is
OK, my vet would definitely do a treatment with it that high!  You have the
added benefit of having an oncologist at your disposal.  If she recommends a
chemo protocol, I would definitely give it a try.  As someone else said, you
really don't have anything to lose.  Through all of my research, I have found
that because the chemo is such a low dose, it causes very few immediate side
affects.  At best, you will shrink the tumor and prolong his life, making him
more comfortable in the process.  At worst, it won't work and he will continue
as is causing you to possibly have to make a decision about letting him go.  As
someone who has had a positive experience, I highly encourage the chemo.

Only you and Spanky can decide what is best for him.  I've heard many people
say that he will let you know when he is ready to move on.  As for myself and
my Fuji cat, I believe I may be learning as well.  She was due to go in today
to have her blood tested, which the vet does by starting an IV (she doesn't
much care for it.)  If her WBC count is high enough she would get another
treatment.  Historically, over the last 2 months that count has been very low.
Right now she is eating, playing, purring and last night even slept with my
husband and I (she only does that when she feels good!)  I have decided to wait
until next week to take her in.  It will give her a longer recovery period,
increasing her chances of having another treatment.  Otherwise, she would go
through the test for nothing and have to return in 10 days for another test.
In the past, I've rushed to get her in hoping for the best and being
disappointed when she couldn't be treated.  I think she will be happier this
way.

I wish you the best of luck.

Melinda, Fuji and baby VooDoo