Consider what you would want if you were Whimsy. I don't know about another version but would you rather have a buddy even if your life was a little shorter? I can't answer that for you. I can tell you quality of life is very important to me and my family--both 2 legged and 4 legged.

If I were considering a partner, I would probably look for a female (spayed) and maybe younger but who knows???? Whimsy may have other ideas. For reasons unknown, I have been blessed with animals who accepted each other. It hasn't mattered whether they were dogs or cats......I have been blessed. Follow your heart and ask your cat.