Try Operation Roger--long distance truckers.  Have worked w. them twice &
they're great!
http://operationroger.rescuegroups.org/

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Kelley Saveika
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:37 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Anyone experienced with transport?

Hi Michael,

The problem is that Google maps says it is 1,796 miles and probably at least
1,000 of that is before they get to Nevada.  That's why I was looking for
someone experienced in setting up transports, which I am not.  I have
someone to drive the first out of what, 18-30ish legs?  I haven't heard from
the adopter since all the excitement of getting them rescued from the
shelter (literally HOURS before death) so she may have found another option.
 Pilots and Paws is good for short trips (300 miles or so) and we have a
wonderful paid transport company in Austin (they went and got 2 of our cats
after the adopters had a baby and decided the baby was allergic - in New
York State). They are not cheap but do sometimes offer cheaper rates for
rescue if they are going that way anyway.

http://www.rescuties.org