Lynn,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I was in the very same situation recently. I lost
an adult cat to FeLV in January not realizing he was a positive until he
suddenly became seriously ill. From the time of the diagnosis until I had to
put him to sleep was one week. My 4 other (all indoor) cats had to be tested
and luckily they all turned up negative so had them all vaccinated.  They'd
only been exposed to the positive one for about 6 months but they shared food
and water bowls, litterboxes and bedding.  My vet advised me to have them
re-tested in 6 months. So far they all seem healthy but now that they've been
exposed I check them regularly for any sign of enlarged lymph glands, the first
symptom  the feLV positive cat exhibited.

I hope this information helps. I can tell you that this forum has been an
extremely valuable resource of information for me since losing my Chat Noir to
this horrible disease.

Best of luck to you,

Valerie