What dosage?

----------

------Original Message------
From: TANYA NOE <sashacatgodd...@yahoo.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:32:24 PM GMT-0700
Subject: [Felvtalk] coconut oil

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this, a woman on FB is claiming that
coconut oil given for approximately 4 weeks will cure a cat with FeLV. I wrote
to her and told her that there was in fact no cure and she told me to talk to a
man named Mark McCandlish, though there are several so I was not able to look
him up.

I am a licensed vet tech and am constantly researching FeLV and have not seen
anything of the sort out there. One would think if a cure would have popped up
that it would be talked about everywhere especially by the FeLV cat parents
crowd.

I find it frustrating when people post information on FB under cats that are in
need of homes and do not have their facts straight. They are either sharing
that FeLV is this freakishly contagious disease and that all FeLV cats must be
kept separate or euthanized or they are spouting about "cures". Those of us who
have FeLV babies and are praying for that cure to save them don't want that
fake carrot dangled in front of our faces.

Anyway sorry for the rant, I just wanted to be sure I am not out of the loop
before I keep arguing with her about it.

Also there are 2 beautiful, sweet cats in Austin TX who are felv + and in need
of a home asap. If anyone may be interested please let me know and I will
forward the link with the info and pics. They are incredibly sweet and very
cute!

Thanks,
Tanya