From: Val Green <harpestry...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FeLV Transmission - thanks for replies
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Date: Friday, May 20, 2011, 2:22 PM

Debbie,

When I first brought Chat Noir into our group he appeared perfectly healthy. It
wasn't until he suddenly developed swollen lymph glands that he was diagnosed
as FeLV positive. I figure that he'd had the virus for a while and then it
suddenly just became active and it acted VERY quickly.

It sounds like you've done some research on symptoms so just keep an eye out
for them in your other cats.  As to whether cats get notably sick when first
infected, or if an asympomatic cat infects another one I don't know. Your vet
is the best person to answer those questions.

Valerie