From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
dlg...@windstream.net
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 10:12 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FeLV Transmission - thanks for replies

What a wonderful thought.  Dixie was very lucky to meet you.  I blamed
myself for the first one I lost.  He was a beautiful, fluffy pale tiger who
never liked to have his rear touched.  We thought he had kidney stones and
the last time he went to the vet, he kept hm over night and stayed up with
him until midnight.  He appeared to be okay , but the next morning he was
dead.  The vet did an autopsy because he couldn't understand what he had
done wrong.  He discovered adhesions everywhere.  The kind that happen when
a cat is kicked very hard.  They had closed off the urethra.  Atleast he had
1 year of love and good care.  He always liked my father's sweet rolls and
would pat his knee, asking for a bite.  When that did not work, he would
slap hard and meow very loud.  Father thought that was funny and then would
give him a bite.  This from someone who did not like cats.  For a long time,
I blamed myself for not knowing wha was wrong, but I finaly realized that he
had hidden his!
  pain from me.  We just have to do the best we can with what we know and
what we can do.  At least Fluffy had 1 year of sweet rolls and lots of love
and that is the best we can do for anyone.