Consider taking her bedding and putting it where the other cats can smell it and theirs where she can smell it. Before I got Bob (dog), his rescuer and I exchanged bedding (from my cats). I really believe it helps.

Congratulations on the test results.

Consider Rescue Remedy in the water of everyone. I like Feliway spray but know some on the list haven't had good luck with it.

Things will work out...just give it time and patience.

On Jun 4, 2011, at 1:14 PM, Jannes Taylor wrote:

I just got back form the doctor and got two different antibiotics, and a tetnus shot. She wants to do an x-ray next week. Their x-ray machine was not working this morning. The doctor warned me how dangerous a cat bite can be. The area is red and swollen and still hurts. I explained how the bite happened. The doc seemed satisfied with my story. I did leave out the FELV part just in case... ON A HAPPY NOTE: Just when I arrived at the doctors office I received a call from the vet. Amber's IFA test was NEGATIVE!! What a relief. Just goes to prove that every cat should be restested. Also, he guesses Amber to be from 2 to 3 years old, not 6 mo. to 1 yr.. like the last one. He said that a younger cat could not have as much tartar on their teeth as she does no matter how poor their diet. Also. he shaved her belly and it looks like she has a spay scar. I am going to get the smaller cage out and put it upstaris and I will put Amber in it occassionally so they can all sniff each other and hopefully soon get along. I am moving her into the spare bedroom as well. I do not plan to put her in my
lap again!!!
 Jannes

________________________________
From: Lynda Wilson <longhornf...@verizon.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Sat, June 4, 2011 12:43:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Cat Bite

Thanks, good to know!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christiane Biagi" <ti...@mindspring.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2011 12:32 PM

Dont think it has to be deep. Cats have a specific bacteria in their mouth
(begins w p)  n if it gets into humans, its very toxic. Been bitten a
number of times w nothing; but last time it was bad luck. Look for the telltale line up ur arm. Means bacteria traveling 2 lymph nofes under ur
arm. Comes pretty quicklu

Christiane Biagi
Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

Lynda Wilson <longhornf...@verizon.net> wrote:

Wow! Reading all of these messages with bad experience with cat bites, I consider myself VERY lucky. I've gotten bit a lot, but it sounds like it
has
to be a deep puncture type bite. Is this correct? I'm glad that you have shared your experiences. I bet most of us now won't mess around if we get
bit. I know I won't!

Jannes - what have you done so far? How are you feeling? Let us hear from
you soon :0)  I'm hoping you have a good outcome!

Lynda