Sally,

I have no idea if this input will be helpful or not, as I know these
neurological issues can be very vague and differ from case to case and I
don't want to give you false hope.

We have a formerly feral rescue kitty, Marlee, who showed up at the colony
one day staggering/head tilt/disoriented.   It was a bout of vestibular
syndrome, along with Hyper T, and she did mostly recover.  However, a year
later, she had either a second vestibular bout/relapse--or possible a
stroke--which left her unable to stand on her own for several weeks, close
to 2 months I think.  She was not paralyzed, but couldn't stand.  They gave
her supportive nursing care and each week saw improvement.  Had there not
been slow, gradual but clear signs of improvement, the vets may have felt
differently about treating.

However, she did get through it and is now (months later) the healthiest and
strongest she's been since we've known her, and given her reliance on humans
during her down time, now completely social.  She's an adorable little long
hair torti point Siamese and now after 2 years in foster, finally ready for
a home, we just don't know how to find someone we can trust since if she
relapsed and couldn't stand again, she could sadly be put down.

Anyway--I have no idea how much of a miracle her story is, but she did
recover slowly but surely.  Again, each week saw progress in the right
direction as far as her movement and such went.  Cautious optimism, as Diane
said, is a good way of putting it.

Her vitals/organ function was good, as was her mental state, which also gave
optimism.

Please keep us posted, sending good wishes to Itty Bitty!   The only
lingering neuro. signs we are seeing with Marlee are that she licks (licks
US) obsessively, and is extremely animated and silly...but in a good, happy
way it seems.   Her life has really turned around, she was once a feral in
the worst hood where we fear for our lives feeding every night...now we just
need to a find a home that's worthy for this little princess!

Heather