Hey all,

I was unable to get a picture - this is what the finder said:

"Argh! I went down to the vet immediately after getting your email to take a
picture. The camera looked like it was working, but when i got home the
directory was corrupted and the pictures unreadable. He is almost solid
black. There's a tiny white patch on his chest. He has green eyes, short
hair, and is medium sized for a tomcat. He is extremely thin. There are big
hollows behind his rib cage. And it seems a little uncomfortable for him
when I run my hand down over his bony hips. I got him to the vet because he
looked like he was starving to death in spite of the dry and wet food I was
providing. And honestly, he was.

I spent about half an hour visiting with the cat. He is about 100% better
after 2 days in the a/c eating Fancy Feast. When I brought him to the vet,
his meows were barely audible and he did not twitch his tail. His eyes were
full of wet matter and he wasn't grooming. Today he seems like he may be a
bit of a talker. When I spoke to him, he often replied. His tail was very
communicative. While his eyes are still a little runny, he was cleaning his
face and keeping the mess to a minimum. And while he wasn't unnecessarily
vocal, if I got up to leave before he was done being petted, he was most
vociferous. :) Cheered my heart to see the improvement. Also, I witnessed
him grooming. He did seem to get a bit tired after 20 minutes or so and was
content to just sit beside me and stretch out.

The vet agreed to keep him one more night. They close at noon tomorrow.
Hopefully we can find him a home before then. Thank you all for your help."

Come on guys, I know someone wants a scrappy tomcat who's down on his luck -
remember he may not even be FELV+! (probably with the anemia he is, but we
don't know for sure!)

I can transport or meet in the middle if a reasonable driving range from
TX.  If not maybe we can set up a transport, but someone's got to step
forward for him.

http://www.rescuties.org