From: moonv...@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 09:47:00 -0500
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FELV+ Emergency in Austin, TX

I can't even get anyone to hold on to a healthy kitten temporarily - all my
favors are called in long ago, and I've even having problems placing barn cats.
 .  We could start treatment, but this lady gets more attached to this cat by
the day and it really is not fair to her (or the cat) to put him through
treatment and then have him PTS.   We have an FELV sanctuary, but unfortunately
they only take in cats when there is money to be made off them.

We did ship a cat to Best Friends once, but they do not always have room either.

Like I said, this list has always been my go-to resource for FELV cats and I
have found placement for every single one in the past.

It is possible he has a false positive, but as he is anemic and sick, I'm
leaning towards true +.  Unfortunately as I said there is no one to hold him
for 6 weeks and if we put him back outside he will be dead in 6 weeks.