My kitten was diagnosed at around 8 weeks.  He had a few minor health issues at
the time and I had him treated several times with antibiotics.  Since then he
has had no obvious health issues.  He is now a year old.  I have never used any
kind of supplements.  My treatment has been lots of love, trying to give
somewhat healthy food (my options are limited) and making certain he remains
healthy.

 I have another FeLV cat that was diagnosed with lymphoma at 13 months, which
led to discovering the FeLV.  I can't be certain, but the kitten may have
become exposed due to my carelessness in allowing him to interact with my other
cat too soon.  That being said, all of the signs were there and it is quite
possible he was born with it.  I did not bother with follow-up testing because
it would not have affected my treatment of the kitty.

There are many treatments designed to prolong their lives.  However, my babies
are too clever to trick by putting things in their food, water or treats.  You
would think I was committing murder when pilling and I think injections would
put them both over the edge!

Bottom line, I have two seemingly healthy FeLV cats, one who receives monthly
treatments for cancer.  Both are quite playful, appear perfectly healthy and
are completely loving life.

There is a vast amount of experience with this group.  Many will give you
varying opinions.  Most mix older vaccinated cats with FeLV kitties.  My
experience and dread that I might have made VooDoo sick by exposing him too
soon is probably an exception to the rule!

However, just know that your baby can live a long life!  Even as a college
student on a limited budget, you can care for him and love him to keep him
healthy!

Melinda, Fuji and VooDoo