Did you mean FIV?

Although the FIP, does as well - because it's a corona virus,  much the same
as a common cold.

From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Lynda Wilson
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:43 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 10 week old baby with slight positive

Hi Anna!

Glad to have you aboard.  I would make sure your older cat is vaccinated
against FeLV before having them together.  Even though the vaccine is 80%
effective, it's better than no protection at all.  The vaccine has to be
given in two doses, 3 weeks apart (so don't expose your older cat to the
kitten until after the 2nd shot).  I know FeLV mostly effects kittens and
senior cats.  With that said, there is still a chance the kitten can fight
off the virus.  I would wait till he's at least 3 mos old and test him
again. If he's positive on the ELISA test, then do an IFA as well. The IFA
will indicate whether it is in the bone marrow. The IFA test has to be sent
out to a lab.  Once the IFA is positive, then generally the cat is positive
for life.  Please keep in mind that the ELISA test can have false positives
so you still have hope. Either way though, please get your older kitty the
vaccination.

I hope this helps.  I hate this disease and all the if's and but's that go
with it!

Lynda

**NOTE**  Never get a cat/kitten vaccinated against FIP, or it will be
positive for FIP for life whether it has it or not!