From: Anna Yeutter <blackbelt.trek...@gmail.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:26 AM
Subject: [Felvtalk] 10 week old baby with slight positive

My previous foster baby (and now adopted baby, after a couple weeks absence)
who was found when he was two weeks old in a Costco parking lot and who I
bottle fed and fostered from when he was three weeks old, went in for his first
vet visit today. The first thing the vet did was do the FeLV/FIV snap combo
test after drawing some blood (oh boy Jean-Luc screamed and even growled).
He walked back in later and showed me the kit with the blue dot at the top and
the slight positive result for FeLV. I made another appointment to bring him in
in three weeks to check again, but walked away feeling very negative (the vet
made me feel like he was doomed). As of this moment, Jean-Luc has been doing
well, gaining weight, playing actively and eating normally.
I was going to have my parents bring my 11 year old cat up to live with me as
well on Saturday (I'm a college student and just recently moved off campus into
a pet-friendly apartment), but of course that has been put on hold. This means
Jean-Luc is a very spoiled only-kitten, getting lots of love.
I've tried to do some reading but it is so overwhelming and I'm exhausted from
reading all the conflicting opinions. I would love to hear from some other
people.