I knew this list was someplace but couldn't find it..now I've.
I live in Nebraska and do cat rescue and TNR..the first time I came accross the
disease was last Fall when a feral that I had relocated to my backyard became
seriouly ill and tested FeLV+. She was euthanized two weeks later because had
gone blind and was in terrible pain(uveitis etc)
Then not yet a month ago I brought back a cat that a friend had taken from an
abusive home a year ago at which time he had a broken leg but otherwise was
very well..or seemed to.
She couldn't care for her cats anymore so I brought Tiger to my house, he is
FeLV+ and a shadow of what he was a year ago, looks like he's on the end stage,
very emaciated, skin issues, difficulty swallowing sometimes, diahrrea, sores
around eyes.
He is a happy cat though, eats like a horse, wants to play but between his bad
leg and anemia sometimes he falls down.
There were other FeLV+ cats in the house and some died shortly after the
original owners took them back.
My question; is there an strain that can kill a cat in a year or so? They were
all snap tested only, except one that had a PCR and it came back positive, some
tested negative but looked sick so they'll retest.
I don't want to rush anything for Tiger unless he's in pain and he doesn't seem
to be, should I PCR him? He has an URI and had coccidia so was medicated for
it, had fleas but I can't find anymore fleas or flea dirt. I'm not spraying or
putting topicals on him b/c of his sores and  little scabs all over that
sometimes bleed.
I'd appreciate any comments..thank-you and happy to be on the list
Marta

http://homelessnomore.webs.com/