Don't forget to check into holistic vets. My regular vets sent me to a holistic vet to supplement treatment (I had been to her numerous times with dogs' neck, back etc issues). The combination was marvelous. Dixie lived a wonderful life until very close to the end....then she died a fairly gentle death on her own terms. All of my guys and gals see Betty Bosewell as soon as possible after coming into my life. I wish I could do this for my ferals but the trip would be impossible.