I don't know if this will help the sarcoma, but am guessing they were
referring to what is called Black Salve Neoplasene.

There is a yahoo group for Neoplasene use in pets, and also a very
wonderful  Feline Cancer group.  I would definitely suggest the Feline
Cancer group regardless of your interest in the Neoplasene, perhaps someone
has experience with a similar cancer.  And I would suggest researching the
salve thoroughly, I don't know much about it but sounds like it can be
extremely painful in some cases.

Good luck to Ms Phelps and to you!

Heather