If the IFA's are positive there is no need for re-testing. It is replicating in
their bone marrow.

Beth

________________________________
 From: Jamielynn Storch <jlsphotograp...@gmail.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Foster mom with FELV kittens follow up

Yes I understand this however if the IFA comes back positive on all 3 its my
understanding they have it..no need to wait 2 months and re-test a positive IFA
means its spread to the marrow.  So if we get a positive snap and negative IFA
we will wait another month and test again until 2 confirmed positives or
negatives result.

I do know the diagnosis could mean anything...1 year or 6+ ...and sounds like
their are even cases of cats being a carrier that dont every get symptomatic
btu can still spread the disease.   My fiances brother had 2 FELV+ cats (not
littermates...adopted a 2nd positive cat as a companion for the 1st) and one
died at 1 year old and the other 3 months later.

I wish I had a set timeline but I knwo thats not possible and I just dont have
the space at my house.  This was supposed to be my last foster litter before
having my own human children..in which they are currently living in what will
be renovated into our baby nursery.  I never ever fostered with the intention
to adopt.  Im devoted to finding these guys a home and really hope its
possible...sadly as much as I love them it just isnt my home thats forever for
them :(.

Lee Evans moonsister22 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 12:43:10 CDT 2012