I have one that was born with it who it 3 now. In the past they have never
lived past 1 1/2 years when born with it.

Beth

________________________________
 From: Kat Parker <korruptaki...@gmail.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 2:34 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Felvtalk Digest, Vol 12, Issue 9

For the ones who have never seen or heard of this happening, it happens more
than some might think!

 I have a cat, now, Awesome Pawsome, who was one of a litter I socialized from
a feral mom.    There were 4 kittens--two siamese, a gray, and a tortie, in
this litter.  Mom was TNR'd from a feral colony, here in San Diego.  When
tested at about 9 weeks old, all except the gray were positive.  60 days later,
only the tortie was positive.    So 1/4 of my litter was born negative from a
positive Mom. WE did not test the mom, because the neuter scooter was out of
those test tubes that day.  However,it was discovered, post-mortem, that
she was positive.  You see, she died, at the colony, several months later.
Back to the kittens, 3/4--the negatives--were adopted out to good homes, with
the understanding that 2 had previously tested positive, but "flipped" to
negatives.  All of those kittens are still negative and alive.  One of the
four, the tortie, who was the most difficult to tame, persistently tested
positive, and the rescue
 I was then with, was considering putting her up for adoption, for free--on
Craigslist!  I could not let that happen to her, so I adopted her myself, and
this was about 25 months ago. She now is probably the healthiest ,Kitty I have
here, of all my fosters and personal cats, except for the fact she is FeLV+
status.  I did almost lose her once, to killer calici, and she had such swollen
joints and was lame on all fours, alternating 3 legs at a time, for over three
months, besides the sores, and all of the other oddities that accompany calici.
  All my cats got it, even though Pawsome lives in my room, ISO, did
not come into contact with any others...  and I almost lost her.  Other than
that, she has only had sniffles and a sneeze, which I immediately start
antibiotics at the tiniest indication of.

I do realize that she is on her third year of life, and usually kitties don't
make it this far, and dread every day she might be sick from something minute.
I watch her like a hawk, for fear of losing her. But she has beat the odds so
far, and I hope she continues to be healthy and happy and playful, like she is
now, for a long time to come.

Kat