As for toys for my cats, I have found that bottle caps, cardboard boxes, paper
bags and my pot of lemongrass are great.

---- Natalie > wrote: > Thanks, just spread the word on it, post on FB, etc. –
I did. It’s a shame that a company’s response would be “Buyer beware”….anything
we buy for our pets should be safe without question! > > My husband got a
catnip/fabric toy, made in China at PetSmart…I was about to let the cats use
it, when I decided out of curiosity to read the label..guess what? It said that
“if ingested, could cause death”! Now, we have to read all small print on
doggie treats, especially when made in China, and learned that American made
treats had to be recalled because of salmonella! I’ll be making my own doggie
and cat treats (haha, in my spare time). > > Natalie > > > > My new email
address is: atia....@gmail.com > > > > From: Felvtalk
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Bonnie Hogue > Sent:
Friday, October 12, 2012 4:39 PM > To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org > Subject:
Re: [Felvtalk] Ta ta for now > > > > Thanks for sharing the great information.
Very helpful to me, as I seek to use the best products for my beloved furry
friends. > > Sorry to see you check out – you have been very helpful, to me. >
> Bonnie > > > > From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On
Behalf Of Natalie > Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 1:13 PM > To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org > Subject: [Felvtalk] Ta ta for now > > > > It
seems that this topic still isn’t closed, is it? There have been comments after
the one you just responded to here. > > > > I joined because a friend
recommended this group, and it has been helpful. I had 2 adult FeLV+ cats. One
of the cats died of CRF, and the other was adopted by a veterinarian and is
still doing OK. Those 2 cats lived with a large group of healthy cats for about
6 months, and I tested all starting with very young and older cats – not a
single cat contracted the virus! 6 months should have been enough time to do
so, shouldn’t it? > > Since I don’t have any FeLV positive cats right now, I
decided that I will get off this list – I learned things that I’d rather not
have known, such as someone hunting small game, another person having cats
declawed routinely, I guess because the vet offers such a great deal, etc. > >
But before I leave, I will post just one site about Clumping litter containing
sodium bentonite. Don’t forget, it doesn’t have to be listed in the
ingredients!~ And as long as it states that it can be flushed down the toilet,
is doesn’t contain SB, which would completely block the plumbing. > > I’ve seen
so many reviews, often poo-pooing the dangers, misstating that SB expands 5
times its weight (it’s capable of absorbing liquid and moisture 15 x its
weight, and is- used in construction). The best article was written in Tiger
Tribe, a holistic cat magazine that is no longer published. When I heard that
they were closing down operations, I bought all the back issues.
http://www.thelighthouseonline.com/articles/clump.html - Clumping clay litters,
a deadly convenience. > > This one is short and sweet.
http://kapush.net/cat-litter/sodium-bentonite-cat-litter-dangers/ - > > Natalie
> > From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
cindy reasoner > Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 8:52 AM > To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org > Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President > >
> > > I disagree. Please can we just end all the political talk. > > > > Cindy
Reasoner > > > > --- On Wed, 10/10/12, GRAS > wrote: > > > From: GRAS > >
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President > To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 2:10 PM > > I must respectfully disagree,
this wasn’t about bashing anyone– to state a platform on which a candidate is
running is just that – no one was calling any candidate horrible names! > > > >