From: Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com>
To: felvtalk <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>; "at...@optonline.net"
<at...@optonline.net>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 11:45 AM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Kirkland Cat Food & Some Info On Tax Exemptions

I don't think I ever saw the yellow bag that Susan Hoffman mentioned.  They
have a light blue bag of Reduced Calorie food (diet food) but I don't use that
on skinny cats and the fat cats would probably eat the fatty food while the
skinny ones would most likely head for the diet food.  Ding-bat cats.

You would probably need two memberships at Costco, one for cat food and
cleaning products through a 501 c 3 tax exempt organization and your own
private membership that you already have.  I pay about $18  year for my one
third share of the membership.  I don't buy food there because I'm one person
and can't afford to buy in quantity for myself.  But if you purchase cleaning
products, paper towels, garbage bags, hand sanitizer, cat litter, flea
treatment (they sell Frontline Plus and their own brand of flea treatment),
anything you could list under caring for rescued cats, you can charge them
under the non-profit heading. Costco also sells boxes of canned Friskies and
canned Fancy Feast.  The price is comparable to PetsMart, maybe a penny or two
less per can.  You have to buy a box of 24 for the Frikies.  I think it's 18
cans for the Fancy Feast.  Way out of my league at this time though.  I usually
purchase 9 Lives canned cat food and all
 cleaning products at HEB- Plus supermarket.  We are listed with the company as
tax exempt.  I fill out a short form each time I make a purchase and don't have
to pay the 8% sales tax. I do a separate order on my personal food and
purchases. In the past I have also bought the round sherpa cat beds and litter
boxes at the supermarket with the tax exemption. It definitely adds up.

too!