>________________________________

 house cat with my other rescued felines for about 6 years. Three of my FeLv
cats turned negative after several months. Two others passed away after two
years. Most of my FIV+ cats are still alive after 8 years except those who
passed from old age or unrelated cancer. It's always difficult to lose a furry
friend.

>Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty
>neighbors too!
>

>>________________________________

 with 6 other cats. When I first found him, he tested - for FeLV/FIV. He has
recently tested positive (FeLV only) after a health crisis. At the time my Vet
felt that there was no point in vaccinating the rest of the bunch he lives
with, but will test as/if needed.

>>            I also feed some outdoor cats. Last week someone shot one of
>>them. Although the attempt was made to save he leg, he is now three-legged.
>>Obviously,  he cannot go back outside. While researching the FeLV vaccine I
>>came to the conclusion that the PureVax rFeLV would be the best choice. My
>>Vet agreed to order it for me, but the practice owner has refused. I can buy
>>a tray of 25, but at $459, it will be a stretch. So I'm looking for some
>>wisdom for thse of you that have been there. In 30 yrs of rescue, I have
>>never had a cat test positive for FeLV before.
>>
>>            Do I simply put Velvet (the recent
 amputee) with a different group, that have never had any issues? They have all
tested negative at one point or another, but then, so did Gribble. I'd prefer
to have him with my special needs group, as they are the most closely
supervised. What if I can't access the rFeLV? Are any of the other, adjuvanted
vaccines going to help? I know they will increase FISS/VAS risk.