The vaccine will not make them test positive, the FIV vaccine does that.

________________________________
 From: Dana Giordano <giordano.d...@gmail.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] seeking advice for treating FeLV positive old CKD cats
with the new drugs

Wait- If u get the vaccine, don't they test positive anyway? And ditto- shots
of FeLV confused me too. Not sure how its meant.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2013, at 8:06 AM, Beth <create_me_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Shots of FeLV?

>Don't Litter, Fix Your Critter! www.Furkids.org
>

>________________________________

 who was also tested negative twice and vaccinated for three years.  From then
on, since they have been complete indoor apartment cats with no exposure to
other cats and the little one always got some reaction to the vaccine, we
stopped vaccinating them for FeLV.

>> Last Friday, my 16 years old cat was getting weak, my husband and I rushed
>> her to the ER and were told that she was in sever anemia (pcv less than 10%)
>> due to her chronic kidney disease. Two blood transfusions has been done, but
>> her response to blood transfusions was poor. Doctors then concerned that not
>> only her red blood cell count is low, her white blood cell count is also
>> very low. So the doctors ran the FeLV test again on Tuesday, and it came
>> back positive (!!) (we also rushed our younger one for test yesterday; but
>> he stays negative, and we added a booster vaccine on him).
>>
>> We are getting our 16 years old back tonight. Doctors implicitly
 has mentioned that FeLV has no cure, plus her Kidney situation (late stage
CKD), she may not live long... we were also suggested to consider putting her
into sleep soon. But I luckily found last night there is this emailist, and on
the website there are several drugs listed for possible treatment plans:
ImmunoRegulin, Acemannan, Interferon Alpha etc.