Dear Marta,

While searching for possible treatments, you may want to at least consider
stopping using Metacam:
http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm231254.htm
I personally know several cats died because of Metacam before other
diseases take them.
There are some alternative pain medications that your vet should be able to
provide you with.

with my best,
Catherine