You and Bubba are in my thoughts, Beth.  I hope he recovers soon!

There was a time I thought our Polli was suffering from haemobartonella
because she had a bad bout of fleas and was extremely anemic.  Getting rid
of her fleas was a long process but she's an indoor cat and we were
eventually able to get her flea-free.  I gave her a few flea baths and
would comb through her fur and pick fleas off with tweezers! The vet gave
us Doxy "just incase".  Polli recovered slightly but has yet to fully
recover.

To put it bluntly, FeLV sucks.  I hate dealing with it but it breaks my
heart to watch Polli and hear of all these wonderful cats who are battling
this awful disease.

-Amanda

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Beth <create_me_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey guys need some positive energy for one of my FeLV fosters - Bubba. He
> had been battling a URI. Tried a couple different antibiotics, and finally,
> after a week the URI cleared &  he started eating on his own last Sunday.
> Well as soon as I took him off the Doxy he started going down again.
> We went to the shelter this afternoon & thankfully they had a wonderful
> vet volunteering who has experience in FeLV kitties.
> We're wondering now if he has Hemobart since he starting going down after
> withdrawing the Doxy. His gums were pink, though. I've had a constant
> battle with fleas. Advantage was no longer working so I switched
> Frontline, but that doesn't seem to be working well either.
> He got fluids, more Doxy, Prenisone, Cyproheptadine, Capstar & AD.
> On top of that it looks like he has a cat bite o his tail. Poor baby.
> Going to go home tonight & spend some one-on-one time with him.
> Just being able to talk to you guys about these babies really helps. At
> least I feel like someone understands how helpless I feel sometimes.
>
> Beth
>
> Don't Litter, Fix Your Critter! www.Furkids.org <http://www.furkids.org/>

"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge" Bertrand
Russell