I know that feeling all too well.  You want to keep them with you but you do
not want to make them suffer.  That is what happens when you rescue, you know
nothing about their past lives and illness and it makes it so hard to help
them.  Watching Jackson Galaxy has taught me so much about my pride.  Amazing
that many of the cat's problems can be laid at their owner's doorstep.  I
especially remember the couple's cat that would not use the box.  They only
cleaned the box every other week.  I have 7 boxes and I clean them twice daily.
   One thing you know for sure, he is not suffering and is in a happier place
now.  Thank you for caring..

---- Beth <create_me_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We did the ultrasound Friday. It showed enlarged spleen & kidneys. Vet thinks
> spleen was probably cancerous. I was not putting him through any more. He had
> just been laying around for 2 1/2 weeks, mostly having to be force fed. I did
> that with my 1st FeLV & I said I would never do it again. I did it at 1st
> because he had a URI & I knew he could get over that. But once that was gone
> he didn't get better as far as activity & eating.
It was a really sad decision. I had had a tough time with him at first because
he peed on everything. Thanks to some things I learned from watching Jackson
Galaxy we got him out of that habit & he was becoming a total sweetheart. He
just loved to walk up to you an put his head against you.
Some hit you harder than others. This was pretty difficult. The lady who found
him is having him cremated for me.

Thanks guys for just being there.

Beth