Her anemia isn't really understood; it comes and goes so I'm wary of the
"non regenerative anemia" diagnosis. I'm not sure if her recent problems
are related to anemia or to the URI.  We're looking for a new vet at the
moment.  As soon as I know more, I'll let you all know.

-Amanda

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Margo <toomanykitti...@earthlink.net>wrote:

> Lorrie wrote;"True, IF the virus is latent and hiding in the bone marrow,
> but when a cat
> is severely anemic the virus is active, and the cat will suffer a painful
> death."
>
>           I must have missed something, sorry. What I saw Amanda say was;
>
> "She was diagnosed with severe anemia back at the beginning of March. She
> rebounded but not completely.  Recently, her breathing has become a bit
> more labored."
>
>           This indicated to me that the severe anemia had responded once,
> and that at this point, I didn't think that there had been a CBC done
> recently.
>
> Again, my apologies. I wanted to encourage and support Amanda, but since
> Polli has been confirmed as severely anemic (HCT 10-15, I believe) and no
> treatment is planned, then yes, euthanasia is probably best. I had thought
> that the anemia related to FeLV was less well understood. I'll keep
> researching.
>
> I'm so sorry.
>
> Margo
>

> .

"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge" Bertrand
Russell