So sorry Karen. At least she didn't die alone outside. Some of them are with us
for such a short time, but they still make a big impression on our hearts.

Beth

________________________________
 From: Karen Harshbarger <harshbargerka...@yahoo.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2013 12:02 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] goodby little one

It is with a sad heart that I remember a little cat that came into our lives
one cold winter morning this past winter.  She lost her battle with feline
leukemia last night.  Little Squirt --- later to become Penelope (Penny)
squeezed her way into our outside kennel and into our hearts.  She was sick and
needed help, shelter and love; which we gave without question.  With medical
care, she seemed to become better. We already had so many cats, so I put out a
cry for help and assistance.  Panora P.E.T.S.. (bless their hearts) offered to
take her and her brother to try to help them find a forever home.  They found
them a foster home while waiting, but soon learned that Penelope had to leave
her brother for a new foster home and a cat friend (that also has feline
leukemia) because it was discovered she had feline leukemia.  She seemed to be
doing okay, but this horrible illness finely claimed her life.  I remember a
beautiful sweet loving cat that was so tiny
 and loved to be cuddled and cradled like a baby in my arms.  Hopefully her
friend that she made here----our other cat (Tig) that also lost his battle to
this horrible illness----are now playing together in cat heaven and never know
illness or pain again---nothing but happiness.  Poor little Penelope never
found her forever home here on earth----but I know she at least found love from
all of those that tried to help her, including us.  I cried when we took her to
Panora but knew they could give her a better chance of finding a inside loving
home.  Penelope---know we will always love you and Tig, and you will forever be
in our hearts.