Karen,

I'm sorry to hear of Penny's passing.  Your touching email made me cry.
 Thank you for taking her in and doing all you could to find her good home.
 Her time on earth was short, but thanks you, it was filled with love.  If
only all FeLV kitties could be so lucky.

Sincerely,
-Amanda

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Karen Harshbarger <
harshbargerka...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is with a sad heart that I remember a little cat that came into our
> lives one cold winter morning this past winter. She lost her battle with
> feline leukemia last night. Little Squirt --- later to become Penelope
> (Penny) squeezed her way into our outside kennel and into our hearts. She
> was sick and needed help, shelter and love; which we gave without question.
> With medical care, she seemed to become better. We already had so many
> cats, so I put out a cry for help and assistance. Panora P.E.T.S.. (bless
> their hearts) offered to take her and her brother to try to help them find
> a forever home. They found them a foster home while waiting, but soon
> learned that Penelope had to leave her brother for a new foster home and a
> cat friend (that also has feline leukemia) because it was discovered she
> had feline leukemia. She seemed to be doing okay, but this horrible illness
> finely claimed her life. I remember a beautiful sweet loving cat that was
> so tiny and loved to be cuddled and cradled like a baby in my arms.
> Hopefully her friend that she made here----our other cat (Tig) that also
> lost his battle to this horrible illness----are now playing together in cat
> heaven and never know illness or pain again---nothing but happiness. Poor
> little Penelope never found her forever home here on earth----but I know
> she at least found love from all of those that tried to help her, including
> us. I cried when we took her to Panora but knew they could give her a
> better chance of finding a inside loving home. Penelope---know we will
> always love you and Tig, and you will forever be in our hearts.

"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge" Bertrand
Russell