Has anyone had luck with rehoming kittens who test positive for FeLV? I
have been fostering healthy kittens successfully for a number of years with
a local rescue group here in North Carolina. In May I got a litter of 4
when they were 2 weeks old. Mom tested negative so we didn't test the
babies until last month. They all turned up positive on ELISA and IFA
tests. Mom has since been adopted. The rescue group I foster with does not
officially adopt out FIV/FeLV kittens so I am independently trying to
rehome the kittens (the org funded all testing, shots, microchips,
spay/neutering, etc so nothing has been out of pocket for me so far except
litter).

Otherwise they are all healthy, happy and very friendly. They have been
fixed, microchipped and vaccinated and are 4 months old now.

I have posted them on a couple of rescue sites and plan to put up flyers
around town. I know the chances of them finding homes are slim since it's
hard enough to find homes for healthy kittens but I have to try.

To complicate things (or simplify depending on how you look at it), my 10
year old cat became ill and tested positive for FeLV last month as well. I
have no way to know if he was a latent carrier all along and gave it to the
kittens, or if they got it from their dad and gave it to him, or if it's
just a coincidence that they all had it. His health has been up and down
since and I have started him on LTCI injections and am keeping him and the
kittens separate from each other.

If anyone has any rehoming tips, ideas or success stories I'd love to hear
them. Thanks!

Katherine